It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kitchen Table Topic ~ 05/20/2011 ~ Would you date someone 10, 15 or 20 years older or younger than you


FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS BELOW. IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO SIGN IN WITH, PLEASE POST ANONYMOUSLY.

Here are some of the responses from yesterdays post on Facebook!



not any more....sometimes people are in a different space than you are.


Age differences are troublesome if so drastic I think. I find older men suspicious--as if they are objectifying the younger woman. I think younger men are way "young" minded mostly because men mature slower. Keep in mind these are SWEEPING generalizations. These are just initial reactions. Pat is 7 years older than me and sometimes, we could tell!


I've always dated older than me. No more than 10 years. It just seemed to happen that way. I guess I thought I related to them better, or maybe it was because they knew what they wanted, and was always upfront and honest. There weren't many games played, but it would never work because I was always the one who wanted to grow and begin a future, and they may have already done that and were too stuck in their ways to change, especially the older they were. I'm now dating in my age bracket, and its so refreshing to be with someone who wants the same things. These are my experienced, there could be older men that are different. Older men tend to have that old gentlemen mentality and tend to know how to treat women like ladies.


Anything older then 10 years age difference in a relationship and the relationship can't be based on love...it's either conveniences like money and security or just plain settling cause you can't find anything else which is sad...that big of an age difference it will be close to impossible to find things in common you can relate to and that puts a major hurting on the communication in the relationship which is the base that keeps it all together....yeah age difference is very key in a successful relationship...unless it's just sex :-)


in 1 now 11 yrs diffrenece


 I dont think age matters when it comes to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment