It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Monday, March 28, 2011

30 the new 20's NOT!!!!!!

When you think of the single scene, what's the first thing that comes to mind????

Exactly......the CLUB.

In my 20's going to the club was, as the old folks call it, The Cat's Meow. Get out your freak'em dress, hot to death heels, grab your 3 best friends and hit the hottest club. After waiting outside in the cold on that long behind line and paying $20, your finally in. The music is pumping and you can't hear yourself think, but your ready to have the night of your lives. First stop is of course....the bar. You push your way through the crowd to get there, and the first order is....you guessed it SHOTS!!!!!!! Now you again push your way back through the crowd hoping and praying no one bumps into you and spills the Cranberry and Vodka you spent 15 minutes trying to get, all over you.

You and your 3 best friends finally find a little corner in the club to call your own for the evening and the fun begins. A little game called I Spy...I spy the hottie over there in the black button down. I spy the hottie with the braids. I spy the cutie in the Sean John shirt. I spy the clown in the black bubble jacket, sweating like a mad man. The music is right and you and your girls are getting your drink and 2 step on, mostly by yourselves. Cups are empty so you take the trip back to the bar...not all 4 of you though, 2 have to stay to hold down the spot.

Your favorite song starts to play...

You start thinking I hope the hottie in the black button down comes over to dance. However instead who do you see walking in your direction... yep...the clown in the bubble jacket. You try to dance away, but he's not that bright and doesn't realize you are running away from him and his sweat. You dance with him for a second then realize, your cup is once again empty so off to the bar we go.

The dancing continues, the drinking continues, the hot to death heels are now in your hand and your hair is pulled into a ponytail while you are praying to the porcelin god...But it is the best night of your life,that is until next weekend.

And just like that 10 years later, I refuse to stand in the cold on anybodies long line, the crowd aggravates me, and Shots...lets just say I no longer believe in the porcelin god.

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! the Line is so NOT worth it when you are 30+

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! Thank you GOD I'm not dating anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete