It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Sunday, April 24, 2011

To the Left, To the Right..... To the Left, To the Right....

After a long day at work, I didn't feel like heading straight home, so I decided to head out to a new lounge that had some live music. I take a seat at the bar and order a drink. A gentlemen comes up and sits to my left. My back is slightly towards him so I finish texting or whatever I was doing and adjust so I am facing slightly towards him. He starts chatting and we have some good conversation. I learn a little about him, (where he grew up, how long he has lived in town, that he has a son). He is nice looking, not necessarily "my type" however he really seemed like a just all around nice guy. Funny. Well at least I was laughing (prob because I was on my 2nd drink, but you know...) Now another guy comes up sits on my right. I start asking the bartender about the different theme nights the lounge has and the guy to my right says "Fri is karaoke night and that is is pretty cool". The band starts playing and he tells me, the "oh the sax is kinda choppy", "I used to play in a band so I know". So the guy on the left kind of chuckles and starts chatting it up with me again about another topic. Then the guy on the right offers to buy me a drink. So of course I say yes. I'm thinking...Not exactly sure how this is gonna make the guy on my left feel but oh well, he had his chance to buy me a drink right? So anyway my drink comes, I thank the guy on my right and no sooner than I can toast with him, the guy on my left says, "I'd like to take you to lunch on Saturday". "Take my number no pressure".  So I take out my phone and he puts in his number. Now, I'm afraid to look back to my right. :( Because that guy just brought me a drink and here I am making a date with the other guy. Then I realize, wait, lol, I did not do anything wrong here!:)  Anyway guy on my left sits a couple more minutes then says he has to go. I let him know I'll give him a call. The guy on the right then proceeds to see me go on fb and then says, "ohhh your on fb – can we be fb friends"? So I accepted him. Then he left. 


So Just like that....... as fast as they came, they left. And I ended up with a date and a new fb friend. Why cant it always be this simple? lol

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting evening. Sounds to me like it went so easily because you went in with no expectations. Just out for a quick drink. Keep us posted on any developments with your date or FB friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, thanks for setting up this blog site. I am in the same boat that you are in right now. Hopefully , we will dock at the love station soon. Thanks for having the courage to share your experiences. Please check out my blog called It's All About Love at latoshalove.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting dynamic! Soooo...how did it turn out??

    ReplyDelete