It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Friday, June 1, 2012

When you are angry, do you fight fair? Ask yourself these questions...

http://www.dallasblack.com/entertainment/silfight


For me, I can say that, "Is it the right time?", was one of the biggest lessons ever learned in a relationship. Some time ago, it didn't matter who was around, where we were and what info I knew (or didn't know). I was going to get my point across. More than anything, I believe it caused the person to lose respect for me. These days there is one thing I know for sure. There is a time, and a place, for everything.

Which point hits home for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment