It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Friday, April 29, 2011

Kitchen Table Topics ~ 4/28/11~Do you prefer to be single or in a relationship? What are the pros and cons of each?

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS BELOW. IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO SIGN IN WITH, PLEASE POST ANONYMOUSLY.

Here are some of the responses from yesterdays post on Facebook!



I def have a love affair with both...I like the freedom and selfishness of single, but I love the ability to share moments with and grow together in a relationship...all in all I like whichever one I'm in at the time


At first thought I prefer the single life, but honestly I would rather be in a relationship. I am mos def as independent as they come however i love sharing that with someone. I do get caught up in spending my money on me and mine from time to ti...me (actually all the time) so I don't like anyone telling me the best way to spend MY MONEY. In the biblical sense we were created to mate and procreate. I would love to fulfill my purpose on earth as set forth by GOD...some dudes aint worthy though..lol.


I've been single for a while now and I too love the freedom that comes with being single, not having to worry about how what you do might affect your mate, not having to tell someone your plans and deal with the attitude that may come when ...I say, "Yes I'm going out with my girls again." It's hard to say I prefer one over the other, because there really is nothing like being able to share your feelings, laughter and love with someone else. Coming home and laying your head in your man's chest, and picking out a nice outfit for your Boo, priceless.


I would rather be in a relationship. It feels good to support and be supported in this walk in life. Single is fine because you answer to you and only you- no disputes or conflicts;mist of the time) but feeling the warmth and connectivity... of a relationship is very important as well. Humans need love and affection and it is best when it comes from a familiar place... I definitely would rather be in a committed relationship and share myself with the one I love!


I prefer to be in a relationship. Its nothing like having someone you can be with to share inner thoughts...to laugh with....to be able to make plans with about the future...and most important to be able to love and to be loved back. All r...elationships have problems. You can never be in a relationship where everything is right. Remember love is a important ingredient needed to have life. U can't live in this world alone.


I have enjoyed being single, too the fullest.... But now, I am readying myself so that I can have the relationship I desire and absolutely feel is necessary as I mature in this life and world.


I've been single for a long time. It's fun not dealing with certain headaches of being in a relationship. Everything is for me, by me, and no compromises or middle road I have to reach. No thinking what he will think. But at the end of the day I am alone, and I would like to share my life with someone. Single life can be great, but not forever, I would prefer a relationship at the end of the day.


Both. It's called a man cave. My wife just needs to know that when I am in the cave, damnit, I am single! When I am in the bed I am married. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment