It has been about 15 years since I have officially started dating – otherwise known as hanging out or being single and ready to mingle.

Although my girlfriends and I grumble about the pure agony of dating, I must say that we mostly have more laughs than frowns. It is certainly something that I think every young person should get to experience for themselves prior to settling down with that one special person, if for nothing more than for the sheer hilariousness of it all. That’s why I started this blog.

Here I want people to be able to talk about their "single experience"... the good, the bad and the ugly! I know we will share a few gasps, some chuckles, some boos and cheers but most of all I hope we can uplift each other through this process and just have some plain old fun with it. Anyone can share their two cents, if you're single, married 30 years or are a newlywed.

If you are interested in being a regular contributor on the blog, contact me at singlejustlikethat@gmail.com and I will be glad to add you. Keep in mind, that this isn’t used to insult or hurt anyone, so please by all means use alternate names to protect the innocent! HA

Check out the First Post, "Just Like That...." to understand how I came up with this name!

Happy Posting!

Janelle

Thursday, March 24, 2011

5 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm not a fan of Internet dating. But my girl told me about BlackPeopleMeet.com and I figured I would give it a try. At the very least, I can meet some cool men to hang out with in my area right?

So, I start communicating with this guy and he seems really cool. His profile says he is divorced and has one child. After exchanging numbers, I find out he is a police officer for The Department of Homeland Security, lives about 15 minutes from me, relocated from Orlando, FL, attractive, good personality, and all in all seems like a cool guy.

One day, he invites me over for lunch because he works nights. I agree and he makes me a very good lunch and I'm thinking maybe this Internet dating thing isn't so bad. I see his Homeland Security Police Officer badge, so I'm like, ok that's legit too.

Then maybe a week later, I didn't hear from him for like three days. And I didn't really think anything of it. There had been alot of activity in my area involving The Department of Homeland Security and I just figured he was working.

Then one morning my phone rings at 5:26am. And this is what I heard on the other end:

"Hi, this is Jay's wife. I'm calling you because I saw your text with my husband and wanted to let you know that he is seeing about five different women. We are currently going thru a divorce but I wanted to let you know. And that is our apartment that you went to. I moved out last month."

IT IS 5 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I could say was thank you and ok. And just like that, I never heard from him again!

I HATE DATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment